Sunday, December 14, 2008

Wierd Superstitions


I have these wierd superstitious practices before I watch a Manchester United game. 

1. I make sure that I take bath before the match begins (Taking bath on weekends is a sin, I consider it as a waste of precious time).But for Man United's sake, I do it.

2. I make sure that I don't wear anything RED(How ironical, cos the two times I wore read, my team got beaten apart)

3. Now comes the "spacial arrangement of the immovable objects" part. I place the deflated football of mine(the one in my profile pic) in one corner of the hall and it stays there for the next 90 minutes. I make sure the bathroom doors are closed, the mats outside are in place and are never disturbed during the course of the game (How silly can I get!) 

4. I take my seat on the sofa, place the 2 remotes by my side(one for the TV and one for the Set Top Box). I set the TV volume to either 24 or 28 (I like multiples of 4, especially these 2 numbers)

5. Here comes the most irritating part. The MOBILE. My inbox gets flooded with approximately 500 messages per hour. Ok, I think I'm exaggerating. Make that 100 per hour. Still not that good a number, or is it?!! I clear my inbox before the game begins and I delete the messages that I get during the game, without even reading them most of the time. (Ofcousre my eyes will be glued to the televison, can't take them off even for a second) . It's a good thumb exercise though, constantly pressing the delete option. Mind proposes, thumb disposes. That'w how it is. 

Here are my some other wierd practises

.Whenever I set an alarm in my mobile, I set it 4 times ( Ah, the magic of the number 4, the best number ever in the history of numbers)
.I don't move an inch, whenever Sachin is batting, not even for a loo-break. I'm not alone, I'm pretty sure there are many people who have this wierd superstition. 

That is all I can remember as of now. I have to take bath now, not because Man United are playing, it's because I'm smelling so good right now. Ciao!!! 

10 comments:

ViX said...

I don't move an inch, whenever Sachin is batting, not even for a loo-break.

difficult for u da......
;)

Sudarshan said...

Yeah:D

nivi said...

Suitable heading I would say.. Your beliefs ... so weird they wer... however wen it comes 2 NO:4 i totally agree coz its my lucky numbr.. :P

ranjani rajagopal said...

whoa... someone's sharing lucky numbers :P
everythng was okay.. the doormats seemd kinda faar-stretchd! but good.. if it works 4 u!!:)
i have some serious superstitions too.. less related 2 man utd tho..:D
left eye blinks.. serious trouble..
black cat crosses.. i wait for someone else 2 cross before i do..
if i cover a decent amount of portions the day before the exam..just pass...(last minute studies=good marks):D
loads more!!!!

Sudarshan said...

Ranj, I don't do them expecting the desired results. That's the strange part.

Niv, yes, 4 is the best number in the world. :D

jayashree swaminathan said...

okay..a wierd "post" i wud say..and yuck! u dont take bath on weekend??? chiiiiii!

but still, ur blog name [lite] perfectly suits ur character, ur posts, ur everything [:P]

and @ranjani:
"if i cover a decent amount of portions the day before the exam..just pass...(last minute studies=good marks):D"
i believe this as much as u do
:P:P

ViX said...

and @ranjani:
"if i cover a decent amount of portions the day before the exam..just pass...(last minute studies=good marks):D"
i believe this as much as u do,


wonder why it never works for me... ;(

Sudarshan said...

Viswa, lite ah vidu da. rendu nerds ku nadula maatindu thavikkarom! :D

Sudarshan said...

Jaya, not always, but most of the time I don't take bath on weekends. You know a recently conducted survey reveals that if every person in the world skips bath for a day in a week, the world can save gallons and gallons of water. :P

nivi said...

lol!! i wud lik 2 post the url of tis page in the EKSI thread of our comm....:D