Monday, December 1, 2008

Unfulfilled dream

Right from my childhood, i have always wanted to become a dancer. It was in the mid 90s that I felt this sudden urge to become a dancer. Who is the reason for this urge? It is Mr.Prabhudeva. A crazy fan of the "Chikku-bukku raile" song I am. Then came Kaadhalan, and I go mad whenever I listen to the "Petarap" song. It took me a day to memorize the song, and the song has some kick-ass lyrics, the lyricist is none other the director Shankar himself. Ofcourse, special thanks to AR Rahman, the music director. But the urge to dance was not severe at that time. Very recently, Vijay TV started a program, as you all know, "Ungalil yaar aduththa Prabhudeva". I wish I could dance atleast half as good as those contestants. I wish, I wish...

Now, coming to reality, I can't even dance for peanuts. I mean, in a dance competiton finals between Sam Anderson and me, Andy would get "minus 76 out off 10", where as I would get "-126 out off 10" . No offense to Sam Anderson fans, please don't burn my house for this. One fine afternoon when I was watching this programme, I suddenly started to dance like mad and my mum was staring at me, absolutely shocked. When I finished, i raised my collar and asked her "eppdi en dance?" , she replied "Sahikkala". That was a slap in my face. Believe me, My dance was not that bad. Poraamai, enge naa periya dancer aaiduvenonu, that's all. 

All you folks out there, one fine day, you will be seeing me on tv, as a contestant in "Ungalil yaar adutha prabhudeva-part 29". No prizes for guessing who the winner would be. Until then, see you. 

13 comments:

nivi said...

lol!!! neeyum listla senthutiya??? anyways twas good and funny!!! and what a title!!! [:P] [:D]

barry said...

i really cannot picture 'you dancing'..

sudarshan - 'good dancer'.. ain't that paradoxical??

pity your mum man..!

please do tell me when you make it on screen though.. i'll make sure that i don't touch the tv on the day..!

ranjani rajagopal said...

seriously... the day they telecast it.. i'm gonna watch silence of d lambs again!!:D

ur mum might start a blog next... the day my son turned wild and i freaked out!!:P

haha.. gr8 blog though!! keep goinnn...

ViX said...

suda and dancing ??? :\

i never wud've imagined!

wud look like a palm tree swayin in a hurricane..... :P

and

comparing urself with Sam Andy???

thats "self-flagellation" mate lol ;)

Sudarshan said...

See, Already 3 of em making fun of me, rather my dance. News for you people, a very ordinary bus conductor went on to become the superstar.

I will Bookmark this page, and when I make it big, I ll open the page and help myself to a good laugh! :D

Aravindan said...

dei...nee Wonderla(Bangalore) la, aduna style ah nenachale, prabhudheva than nyabagam varuthu...
Two hands over the head, lifting one leg to the other in rythm, cha. chanceless machi...

Sudarshan said...

Hahaha, thanks machi, aanalum romba kalaaichita! :P

MaySan said...

I can picture u dancing, but I would believe ur mom's comments, bcos she is well known for her candid opinion :)

All the Best!! Hope to see u soon on Tv :P

Sudarshan said...

Typical TamilNadu mentality. Oruthan munnerinaa, avana pudichu izhukkardhu. :P

jayashree swaminathan said...

lol.......cud not stop laughing after reading this post...and specially after goin thru the comments...
wish u all the best fr ur unfulfilled dream to cum true atleast in one of ur other dreams!!! hehehe

Sudarshan said...

En indha kola veri maami? You all will regret when I make it big. Appa, don't come to me for autographs. :P

nivi said...

autograph?????? ha ha ha!!!!

мคиσ said...

enna kodumai da idhu....